In case you missed it here is the body of the email I just sent to parents whose email addresses i have. If I don’t have yours, please email me at email@example.com. Thanks!
We had another great week and I wanted to share a few things with you.
1. Our fundraiser ends this coming week on September 5th! Please support PTA and your child by purchasing and selling the items. It is through PTA’s fundraising that our transportation to the LA County Fair is paid for. Thank you PTA! 🙂
2. The Class Dojo website was not cooperating with me this afternoon and I was unable to print the weekly reports. I had previously sent home your child’s code and perhaps you made a note of it as well off the weekly report. Please feel free to log into it and check how your child did. I cannot guarantee I will check my work email over the weekend as I am terrible about remembering when not at work, but I will do my best in case their are any questions. If you are able to log in a print a report of some kind, please sign it and return it with your child on Tuesday so they can get a parent signature point.
3. Monday is Labor Day! There is no school. No letter was generated by the school for this and I am not sure why, but now you know!
4. Chapter 2 OARS test report for math was sent home today. Make sure you check how your child did and sign it so they can earn a parent signature point on Tuesday.
5. We have begun Accelerated Reader! Some of you may already be aware of this educational tool and some may not. I have known about it for years, but I was never fortunate enough to be at a school that had it. We now have it at Grant and I am one of the site coordinators for it. It is an excellent tool to aid in reading comprehension. The class just took their pretest today and I will be sending more home soon about Accelerated Reader that is specific to your child.
6. The 3rd grade team has been planning our RTI and it will likely begin late this coming week. There is a chance you may have to pick up an additional notebook or composition book for your child, but more will come on that next week.
7. The Harvest Festival is coming soon! We will need parents to help with games and make donations for prizes. If you are interested in helping with this, please let me know.
8. Your child has a list of their user names and passwords for all the websites we are using at school presently. Ask them about this paper and have them show you the sites we use. On Discovery Education they can even show you how they did on their last comprehension and vocabulary test!
Well that list turned out to be much longer than I thought it would! Guess I had a lot to say after all. This year is continuing to be off to a strong start and I am enjoying this class of students very much. Thank you all for your support!
National Board Certified Teacher
Dorothy Grant Elementary, 3rd Grade
Fontana Unified School District