Next week is our last week of school and I wanted to let you know about a few things.
- Monday, May 26th is Memorial Day and there will be no school.
- Tuesday, May 27th at 9:30 am is our trimester awards assembly. If your child is receiving an award, you will receive a letter from me by Friday, May 23rd.
- Wednesday, May 28th we will be having a Water Play Field Day from 8 am to 9:10 am. Please dress your child in shorts, t-shirts and sensible shoes (no slippers), and send them with a towel and change of clothing. If your child has any water toys they might want to play with they can bring them, however we ask that no water guns be brought to school (water shooters are fine, but anything that looks remotely like a gun is not).
- Wednesday, May 28th will also be our class party. Thanks to Sophia H.’s family, the pizza will be provided for the class. If there is any other item you might like to bring for the party/potluck, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you would like to bring drinks, individually packed drinks are best as it eliminates the need for pouring and the use of cups. Please keep the district’s healthy foods policy in mind when selecting a treat to share with the class.
- Thursday, May 29th is a minimum day and the last day of school. It will also be our Tech Day. The kids are allowed to bring an electronic device to school to play with (tablet, hand held gaming device, iPod, etc). They will not be allowed to take them outside and they can only bring them with your permission. (Keep in mind there is no open wifi here so internet connections will not be available.)
Feel free to contact me with any questions. Thank you for all your support. We have had a great year and this is a great class. I am very happy I was allowed to be their teacher.